Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve Fascinators


Christmas Eve is undoubtedly my favourite holiday because of one thing: costumes. About a decade ago my family had a relative staying with us for Christmas and I was feeling sad about it because it had always just been the immediate family for Christmas Day. I was pretty grumpy on Christmas Eve (as only a teenage girl can be) and my brilliant Mother decided the only thing that would improve my mood is allowing me to wear a ball gown to receive our guests. I clearly had so much fun that soon the entire family was in costume for Christmas Eve. Hence the birth of a tradition much in the stream of Pumpkin Claus.


Costumes have included, but in no way are limited to, a medieval princess, a drunken 50s housewife, mod 1960s ladies, Star Wars characters, Kate Middleton, a Scottish warrior queen, the Chiquita banana lady, etc. 


This year my Aunt Melanie had the brilliant idea of making everyone fascinators to go with their costumes. We all loved our fascinators so much that I think they may become a yearly tradition as well. I hope all of you had as wonderful a Christmas as we did!

1 comment:

  1. I am struggling sharing this on facebook, which makes me sad as it is awesome. Is your share link broken-ed? Also, now it won't let me log in. I think either LiveJournal or your blog hates me.

    ReplyDelete